eTraffic is currently unavailable. System availability: Mon through Sat 3:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight, and Sunday 12:00 noon to 12:00 midnight, Hawaii Standard Time (HST)
Welcome to eTraffic Hawaii, the secure and convenient way to pay for traffic or parking tickets (citations) that don't require a court appearance and for which you admit responsibility.
Under Hawaii state law (Hawaii Revised Statutes §291D-6(a)) a person who receives a traffic ticket must respond within 21 calendar days.
If your citation does not appear online before the 21-day deadline, then follow the payment instructions on the back of your citation.
- To pay by mail, use the pre-addressed envelope provided with the citation or use a regular envelope addressed to the District Court located in the area where you received the citation.
- You may also pay in person at any District Court in the state of Hawaii.
Be sure to provide a copy of the citation when making a payment by mail or in person.
You will not be able to use this website if:
- Your ticket has not been entered into the system;
- You are contesting the citation;
- You admit responsibility but wish to explain mitigating circumstances;
- Your citation says you must appear in court;
- You were ordered to pay fines, fees, and/or other costs.
- A Default Judgment has been entered against you.
To use eTraffic Hawaii, you must:
- Pay the total of the amount written on the citation within 21 days after receiving the citation;
- Have the traffic or parking citation number; and
- Input a credit or debit card number (Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express), expiration date and security code.
A processing fee will be charged. The total amount owed will be displayed before you pay.
If, while using eTraffic Hawaii, you receive an error or no response, please wait 24 hours before attempting to pay again or you could be charged twice.
If you have any questions, please contact the appropriate District Court.